• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 18, 2021

    Portal Something I saw at work a few years back in the stock room

    Portal Something I saw at work a few years back in the stock room


    Something I saw at work a few years back in the stock room

    Posted: 18 May 2021 01:04 AM PDT

    Portal themed mod for the Switch I've just finished (please excuse the fingerprints)

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    The second half of Portal 2 in a nutshell

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    Valve nostalgia...

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    GLaDOS

    Posted: 18 May 2021 03:39 AM PDT

    orb

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    Portal 2 Easter egg in Invincible

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    Why did Aperture spend all that money on moon rocks?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    As we all know, portalling the moon works. So, since it does work, why couldn't they just have a portalable panel inside some kind of vacuum chamber, have someone shoot the moon with a portal gun, put on a spacesuit, go into the vacuum chamber, depressurize it, shoot the other portal at the panel, and then have instant travel to and from the lunar surface for all the lunar regolith collection their hearts desire?

    submitted by /u/Popular-Swordfish559
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think Aperture had security guards?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 03:51 AM PDT

    Aperture has rocket turrets and stuff for security measures already, but were there ever security guards too? Black Mesa had both ceiling turrets and guards, so I assume Aperture would. Has this ever been mentioned in the games?

    submitted by /u/Hudsony12
    [link] [comments]

    idk if someone did it already

    Posted: 17 May 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    Portal 2 update for 5/17/21

    Posted: 17 May 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Via the Steam Community:

    • Fixed custom maps with no lights disabling lighting for the rest of the play session
    • Fixed Model Viewer and Face Poser not opening
    • Fixed demo playback for workshop maps
    • Fixed some text corruption related to UTF-8 conversion in some instances on Linux
    • Moved the 32-bit Linux binaries into linux32
    • Misc. rendering and other optimizations
    • Removed the 100MB workshop level file size limit
    • Added a +bench_demo [name] <stats output> command line parameter which will run a demo, and quit after it is finished.
    • Added a -bench_settings [name] command line parameter to load a cfg/videobench{name}.txt file containing settings to load. There are a set of defaults provided, very_high_4k, very_high, high, medium and low.

    Rumor has it:

    • Size is ~15 MB
    submitted by /u/wickedplayer494
    [link] [comments]

    This tree is dope

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    there is a portal reference in this amazing book.(the book is Armads written by Ernest Cline)

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    Portal cat!

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    ♫ Over the light bridge, through the barley, to the turret barn we go. ♪ …Yeah I don’t know what to write for this one. - “Chords of Grain” By mλtt71490.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Wheatley I miss you so much!

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    Portal 2 Refuses to open from Steam.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    Basically as the title says. for the past week or so i have been wanting to replay portal 2 so i rebought it on steam after having played it years ago through family sharing. Whenever i click to play the game i am met with the same issue repeatedly after having tried everything imaginable.

    steam recognises me playing it but around 10 seconds later, before the game even opens it just stops dead in its tracks and stops attempting to open the exe. I have verified all of my files, deleted and reinstalled, ran in compatibility mode, redownloaded directx and every other solution i have come across and none of them have worked.

    Does anyone have any idea how i could possibly fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/suspiciousbrit
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Understand the Chronology

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    Many people might've pointed this out and I wasn't able to see it all happen, but I will be saying these things: I've seen this video from 2019 about the timeline of the Portal games, and I've been wondering if the user was ever made aware by anyone that GLaDOS wouldn't have been flooding the enrichment center with neurotoxins with the morality core attached to her, sort of validating some aspects of the Portal Prelude mod, despite it already being made clear by the first game. And I remember hearing from the Portal Wiki, some years ago, that Portal "takes place in 2010, 12 years after GLaDOS flooded the enrichment center with deadly neurotoxin". There are also people saying she did this during the Black Mesa Incident. Of course, she might've tried that every time she was activated, with new cores like Wheatley and those four personality cores from the first game being hanged to stop her, as validated by the 2nd game. This could've taken place throughout 1998, or from there to 200?. My main point is, I'm trying to comprehend things properly and know what's right.

    submitted by /u/T1mbuk1
    [link] [comments]

    A story of pride, depression, and amazement.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    Portal reloaded was released 4 weeks ago, and I was lucky enough to start playing right away. That first night was exciting. I was playing a new portal game! I've always felt like Portal was made just for me. I may be terrible at understanding social situations, terrible at managing my personal life, terrible at many many things, but I absolutely love spacial reasoning. It feels like a super power. Portal was the most perfect game for me. I loved solving its puzzles. It made me feel good at something. I was proud that I'd never looked up a solution.

    Until last night. I'd been working on chamber 12 since the day after release. Four weeks in that room. [don't worry, i won't be providing hints] I did chamber 11 and thought it was cool. I got to 12 and tried and tried and tried. I went to bed confident I'd be able to solve it the next day, after looking at it with fresh eyes. But the next day came, and went. Weekends passed. Updates passed. I'd clear the save, do 11 again. Remind myself of the chapter title. Try different things. Fail in new and different ways.

    I started getting despondent. I'd open the game and just get depressed. Last night I realized I hadn't been having fun in a while. I'd been looking for hints online, trying not to watch a solution, just a hint would help. But there were only walkthroughs. I'd played other games, but I had something like 8 hours in just that room.

    The wife went to bed. I was tired. I was swearing. If I looked up this solution and found it was something obvious I'd hate myself. But I already hated myself. Resigned to my stupidity, I looked up the answer. I watched someone do it. The video wasn't clean, it actually seemed like magic the first couple times. I watched more closely and saw. It was like the answer was all around me and I was slowly pulling myself out of the mud. I tried it, failed. I tried it again and it worked.

    I wasn't angry. I'd never have thought of this. I ran the solution four more times. I walked through the door but I didn't go into the scanner. I just closed it down so I could solve it again today.

    I love the solution. It's beautiful. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Plusran
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment