• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 19, 2021

    Portal Cube Wheatley isn't real, he can't hurt you. (Source: Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song)

    Portal Cube Wheatley isn't real, he can't hurt you. (Source: Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song)


    Cube Wheatley isn't real, he can't hurt you. (Source: Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song)

    Posted: 19 May 2021 12:45 AM PDT

    Art I got as a gift

    Posted: 18 May 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    I 3d printed a portal gun !

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Was setting up my wifi when I noticed a fan's SSID... I made sure mine was clearly the competition.

    Posted: 18 May 2021 05:20 AM PDT

    Got my portal gun in the mail today

    Posted: 18 May 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    A bit of an anti-meme

    Posted: 18 May 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    Turret

    Posted: 18 May 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Can we just give some respect to valve that they're still releasing patches for a 10 year old game (looking at you bethesda)

    Posted: 18 May 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    Here are some good ol portal memes

    Posted: 18 May 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    You guys seemed to like my Wheatley painting, so I made the Space Core! I'm thinking of also painting the fact and adventure cores, so if you guys like this, I'll make them as well!

    Posted: 18 May 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    Blapperture Mesa wallpaper that i made :)

    Posted: 19 May 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    Im streaming Portal 2 rn if anyone want to join in you are free to do so

    Posted: 19 May 2021 02:56 AM PDT

    So a friend of mine loves wheatley

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    I was wondering if it's was possible to find a wheatley made out of plastic or metal?

    Like a plushie but made out of plastic if that makes sense

    I am sure they would love it and i couldn't find anything like that anywhere!!

    submitted by /u/ApprehensiveBar2892
    [link] [comments]

    Evident crossover

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    I never knew Valve released free soundtracks for its Portal games.

    Posted: 18 May 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Portal 2 - Songs To Test By Soundtrack Collectors Edition

    Posted: 18 May 2021 08:20 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if this wasn't mentioned, but this man's rambling about fat people quite reminds me the fat shaming humor of Wheatley in Portal 2

    Posted: 19 May 2021 12:24 AM PDT

    Saw this on a car outside my house a while back

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    Made a cake for a friend's birthday!

    Posted: 18 May 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    THINK LAB BOYS, THINK, WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THESE LEMONS?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    MAJOR Portal paradox

    Posted: 18 May 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    I'm sure the subject of portal paradoxes has long been a dead horse, so I apologize for resurrecting it, but I just realized a new (to my knowledge) way to think about it and it kinda blew my own mind a little, so I thought I'd bring it up here to see what you think.

    I just rewatched the MinutePhysics video about a portal paradox (https://youtu.be/B19nlhbA7-E ). In it, he explains that there are 2 main schools of thought for what would happen if the orange portal moved toward you at 100mph: A) your momentum would be preserved and you would plop out the blue portal with no velocity or B) the orange portals momentum would be preserved and you would launch out of the blue portal at 100mph. He goes on to say that it's not actually a paradox, just 2 mutually exclusive possibilities.

    This, of course, wasn't good enough for me so I stewed on it for a while, reading through the arguments for both sides in the comments, and finally came to a realization. The real paradox is apparent if, instead of thinking of the velocity of the Portal itself, you consider the velocity of the entire space on the other side.

    The player, standing in space A, would observe, through the orange portal, the entirety of space B descending on them at 100mph. Once it reaches the ground, they would be left standing motionless in space B (like in an old movie where a wall falls on the character, but they are standing exactly where the window is).

    From a perspective already in space B. They would observe, through the blue portal, space A moving upward at 100mph, lifting the player into space B. When the ground the player is standing on suddenly stops, the player is then catapulted upward at 100mph.

    Now, since spaces A and B are actually the same, the player could, in theory, experience both these perspectives simultaneously. Let's suppose the platform that the orange portal is on is made of glass so the player can observe the blue portal while the orange portal descends on them. They would come to a stop just outside the blue portal while watching themselves (through the orange portal) get launched out of the blue portal at 100mph.

    Now, to make things more interesting, let's suppose they slam into a wall and die. Remember, there is only one space, not 2, so in the same space, at the exact same time, the player both lives and dies. Boom, paradox.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/SubstantialBelly6
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment