• Breaking News

    Monday, August 9, 2021

    Portal I made a Portal themed Steam Deck, any thoughts? (i got the white shell using u/grady_vuckovic's website and added the blue/orange afterwards)

    Portal I made a Portal themed Steam Deck, any thoughts? (i got the white shell using u/grady_vuckovic's website and added the blue/orange afterwards)


    I made a Portal themed Steam Deck, any thoughts? (i got the white shell using u/grady_vuckovic's website and added the blue/orange afterwards)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    ...

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    Drake and Josh go to Aperture Science

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    maybe we could organise something similar for portal

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    When I started dating my wife ten years ago, she gifted me a plush Companion Cube to keep on my desk at work as a reminder of her. Nowadays she's the mother of my kids, and we still play Portal from time to time. The Cube has been present on every work desk I've had since then!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    SPAAAAAAAAACE a render I made

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    just finished portal 2

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:35 AM PDT

    just finished portal 2. thanks valve for the best game I ever played

    submitted by /u/SwimmingAnybody4486
    [link] [comments]

    How do I escape this chamber? When i walked in the pistons in the ceiling opened and dropped me down into a room with 3 turrets

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 02:10 AM PDT

    Just finished Portal Stories: Mel

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    I just finished Portal Stories: Mel and I have to say: fantastic mod! I was very impressed by the design, the challenging puzzles, and storyline. It's not quite on the level of the original Portal 2 but it is very good for a mod. I did a have a few gripes about it, on a few occasions I thought, "yeah, Valve would have designed this segment a little better" and I do feel they broke a few cardinal rules of Portal games such as "no unwinnable situations."

    The storyline was intriguing, although of course it had a "straight-to-video sequel" feel to it. Virgil was kind of dollar store knockoff of Wheatley, and naming the main character Mel seems almost a deliberate attempt to cast the game with Wal-Mart Chell. I felt they could have taken a few cues from Valve's writers and be more subtle with the world-building. This mod's lore felt spoon-fed by comparison.

    On the positive side, the puzzles in this game were far more challenging than Portal 2's. They were even better than some of the top rated community test chambers, which also put original Portal 2's puzzles to shame. Of course, I think Portal 2 was designed to be accessible to wider pool of gamers, while PS:M I think was made for experienced players who are already familiar with the basic mechanics of Portal 2's puzzles and need something a bit more outside-of-the-box. So I'd recommend this mod only to people who have completed Portal 2 and want to have their brains bent a little more than before.

    I loved the Easter eggs scattered throughout the game. There were some neat throwbacks and references. The 1950's town you explore in the beginning is oddly reminiscent of Half Life 2's City 17. I wish the prologue hadn't been so vacant of human characters. It appears to be a ghost town, when that portion of the game is still set in pre-GLaDOS apocalypse era. Making the town and laboratory lobby appear more lively in the beginning would have contrasted with the vacant emptiness after Mel wakes up and made the feeling of her post-nap isolation far more palpable. Instead you just get the feeling Aperture has always been a lonely place, so there's less sense something is awry when the entire human population of Aperture has vanished.

    I could go on, but all-in-all, I would say Portal Stories: Mel was a fantastic mod, and with a little more playtesting, more humor, and design tweaking, I think this had potential to be nearly as good as Portal 2.

    submitted by /u/kembervon
    [link] [comments]

    Portal stories Mel not working :(

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:40 PM PDT

    Anybody able to help troubleshoot an issue I'm having with Mel?

    I got a few hours in and suddenly my controller stopped working. I can still shoot portals, jump, and crouch. But I can't walk or turn the camera.

    Controller still works in portal 2, so I can't think of any reason why Mel should be different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Mel. Anybody have thoughts for other things to troubleshoot?

    submitted by /u/davidpayneii
    [link] [comments]

    The most beautiful looking community test chambers?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    I have played tons of chambers and some were really crazy. I am not looking for the best mechanical maps but awesome looking ones. I played some that were outside of aperture labs and those felt great. Do you know any?

    submitted by /u/CheesyChester_
    [link] [comments]

    I just got my mom to play portal (pog)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    I just got my mom to play portal and she gave up after the second chamber but she says she's definitely gonna try it again xD

    submitted by /u/nelsonboi8
    [link] [comments]

    Discord for sharing and discussing community test chambers

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    As suggested by u/HeimlichLaboratories , here is a Discord server for sharing and discussing our own test chambers. Please join if you are interested! https://discord.gg/yPAeVXBGNV

    (Edit: changed invite link to a permanent one)

    submitted by /u/Marise20
    [link] [comments]

    after the fall down to the beginning of chapter 6 in portal 2, i didn’t know that i could attach potatOS to my gun.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Was i supposed to do this then, or does she attach later on, i'm kinda far into the old aperture chambers now.

    submitted by /u/the_potato278
    [link] [comments]

    guys please help my me in beemod 2 my test chamber is floating and ı am stuck at the elevator

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment