• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 23, 2020

    Portal There is one impostor among cubes

    Portal There is one impostor among cubes


    There is one impostor among cubes

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Portal cake for my birthday today!!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    Made an overgrown map

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    The cake was not a lie (for those who asked)

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Space space wanna go to space

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    My new mask I got from Aperture Science

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Valve-Crossover Fan-Comic

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    I did a remaster of the first 17.5 levels of Portal in Portal 2

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    You can see the results here. I wrote some more details on the remasters below the images.

    Some background

    tl;dr: Some people here want a remaster of Portal in Portal 2 and I did something like that back in 2014, but never finished it. Depending on my free time, I may go on working on it.

    A few years ago (actually quite a few, namely around 2013/14), I did a lot of stuff in Valves Hammer Editor.

    I was a big portal fan since I first saw it on my friends laptop back in 2009. I bought the game, played the hell out of it and when they announced Portal 2, my friends and I completely lost it. We were into mapping for Source games (we created some TF2 maps, some HL2 maps and a lot of stuff for Portal) and started creating our own Portal 2 mod called "Portal 1.5" which should bridge the gap between the two entries in the series. Of course, nothing came out of it, because we are not good writers.

    When I finished school in 2013, I used my freetime before starting university in a game development centered course by working on a remaster of Portal in Portal 2. I did a few breaks but eventually stopped in 2014, because I hadn't got the time anymore.

    Years have passed and I thought, I lost all the maps. But fortunately, this is not true. I found them today on a backup harddrive. So, I may continue on them. I say "may", because after finishing university, I became a full time game developer, working in one studio full time and have my own company with a buddy running in my free time. However, I always wanted to get back into Source, because that's where my roots lie. Portal was one of the (if not the most) influential games that made me do my carreer choices.

    So, now we are here. I have a hand full of maps which are 1 one 1 replicas of Portal 1 (up to chamber 18 which I never finished, I've only done the first third of the map) with their own little twist on the design side. They are also all in a clean design, which I might change in the future. This is just a proof of concept that porting the game is actually possible. There are also no voicelines or music in the game, because I wanted the game to be playable first.

    I could create a standalone mod at some point, which requires the user to own Portal and Portal 2, to play through the game, but this is just me dreaming. Anyways, tell me what you think about my approaches for the map.

    submitted by /u/MaxPlay
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking of picking up the game.

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I've been kind of interested in picking up this game. My younger brother loves both Portal games and we recommended a game to each other. I recommended Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and he recommended me...well, you can probably tell what he recommended based on my post here.

    I've seen some videos about it, mostly promotional videos and fan-made songs that the community have made ("Detach the Wheatley Core" is one of my favorites), and now I have both games added on my wishlist for when they next go on sale, which should be about Christmas or some Winter sale equivalent. I don't know how the Steam sale schedule works.

    It's not so much the game itself that I'm confused about. Both games seem like a very creative series of Escape Rooms, which I've done my fair share of. My only concern is if I'm going to get sick playing this game. We play Garry's mod together and we have a Portal Gun mod, and I played around with it and I think I got sick. I think it was all of the flipping that my character was doing.

    So how much flipping do you do in the games? I've seen a few rooms done and it doesn't seem like there's a lot of flipping. If that isn't the case, what maneuvers would you recommend I do in Garry's Mod to get used to using Portals?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Warrior_of_Light416
    [link] [comments]

    any good Portal discord servers?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    I cant find any

    submitted by /u/UndercoverUniverse
    [link] [comments]

    There is one impostor among cubes

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Please your companion cube into the emergency intelligence incinerator

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Dope!

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    New Mod Idea! Portal: Rattmann

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    Q: What is Portal: Rattman? A: It is (planned to be) a Portal 2 mod where you play as Doug Rattman between Portal and Portal 2.

    Q: Who is Doug Rattman? A: Watch this video to catch up

    Q: Do I have to have coding abilities to join? A: No! You can build levels (basic versions, of course). If you don't believe in your ability to do that, but you think you have something to offer, you can still be a part of the team.

    In this mod, there would be various new mechanics, such as hallucinations, the companion cube helping you, and the likes. Some other cool ideas include having to fend off Half-Life enemies, and actually seeing Chell being dragged back in, and following her there.

    Discord

    Also, if this is ever monetized (might not be), the team will be paid. But this isn't a guarantee.

    submitted by /u/brododragon
    [link] [comments]

    Mmmh, someone's been there...

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    Voxelized Level

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 01:25 AM PDT

    Thank god this isn't what the companion cube looks like

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    I made a simple watch face for Apple Watch

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    uhhhhh

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Someone made their own “version” of portal

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Space space wanna go to space

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment