• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 16, 2021

    Portal I pronounce you companions for life. My little bit of geek at my wedding. Veil and top hat added by me.

    Portal I pronounce you companions for life. My little bit of geek at my wedding. Veil and top hat added by me.


    I pronounce you companions for life. My little bit of geek at my wedding. Veil and top hat added by me.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    Me on my way to receive free cake after a long day of testing

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 08:09 PM PDT

    I made a Aperture Laboratory Personality construct Sphere (Core). Yes it looks bad I know

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 06:02 PM PDT

    had a lotta fun playing portal with a friend!

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    No one has Portal references in their weddings / dID U enjoi the cake? I promise it’s goodlados this time. Sorry

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    I was a test subject at aperture science part 2: Test Chamber 1 & 2

    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    When the elevator stopped I was greeted with a corridor. The corridor was the same colour as the last room, but there was a big sign that said 'TEST CHAMBER 1 OF 19' on it. This 'test chamber' had 3 glass boxes, one had a door, one had a cube and the last had a button.

    It seemed the portals would cycle through each room every few seconds, giving you time to9 run in, do what you need to do, and get out. I waited for what felt like an eternity before I could get the cube. I ran in, picked the cube out, and ran directly into the wall. I was trapped in this room for a few seconds, great. When the portal opened I dragged the cube with me to the centre of the room, and waited for the portal with the button to open. When that opened I already had the cube in my hands, so i ran in, threw the cube on the button, and ran. The portal was closing while I was inside the button room, so I slid out through the small gap like Indiana Jones. All i had to do was wait for the door portal to open. When that portal opened I ran through like there was no tomorrow. Through the door and into the elevator.

    The elevator ride was the same dimly lit, disgusting smelling elevator ride as before.

    When the elevator stopped I was greeted by another corridor. This corridor led to a small room with a glass window. On the other side of the window there seemed to be a gun of some kind. This gun was shooting the portals I was going through earlier. When the door to the test opened, i ran to the blue portal that was in front of me. I went through the blue and out of the orange. The orange portal was a lot higher than the blue, on the next level. I took a deep breath in, and out, and jumped. I was expecting my legs to break and there to be a flood of pain to wash over me, but there was not. It was then that i noticed the footwear that I had on. They looked like some kind of bracing that let me jump from a high surface and fall without breaking my legs!

    I sprinted to the portal gun, not sure what to do with in, and decided to pick it up. When I did so the robot lady said 'you now possess the aperture science quantum tunnelling device. With it, you can create your own portals, Do not look at the operational end of the device. Do not touch the operational end of the device. And most certainly, under any circumstances, you should never ever' her voice fizzled out. I wonder what that last rule was. But I cant worry now. I have to escape this place. I pulled the trigger towards me and fired a blue portal at the wall. There was a lot more kickback than I was expecting, although the gun was very light. How all of this was possible is something I fail to understand to this day, and probably will not understand ever.

    I walked into the blue portal I shot and walked out of the chamber back into another elevator. I cant wait to get out of here.

    submitted by /u/R32fan
    [link] [comments]

    Ongoing testing

    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    Found out how to use the portal 2 authoring tools on linux

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    For any ultra-geeks out there (like me) who want to use hammer on portal 2 on linux, here's how:

    • Own portal 2.
    • Open the steam console. You can simply close steam and execute

    $ steam -console 
    • Or edit the desktop shortcut (properties > general > command)
    • When steam opens, click the 'console' tab that should have appeared.
    • Type

    download_depot 620 622 manifestID 
    • This will force the download of some extra files for windows that will help executing hammer. You can see the current manifestID (requiered) here.
    • When the depot finishes downloading, navigate to /home/youruser/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steamapps/content/app_620/depot_622.
    • Cut or copy all of the contents of the current folder.
    • Open another file explorer window and navigate to your portal 2 installation folder. Mine is on my external drive, but if you don't know yours, follow these instructions:
      • Open steam.
      • Click on the 'steam' menu in the top bar of the window.
      • Click settings.
      • On the left, click downloads.
      • Click 'steam library folders'
      • Navigate to the folder indicated as 'default', and then to steamapps/common/Portal 2.
    • Right-click the background and select 'open as administrator'. Type your password to continue.
    • Now, you have the permission to paste in this folder. Paste the files you copied earlier.
    • Some file and folder conflicts may ocurr. To avoid clicking over and over, simply click on the 'apply this decision on all other conflictive files / folders' checkbox.
    • When everything finishes copying (took about 5 minutes for me), it's time for the final step. Open steam, and, in your library, click the 'Games' dropdown, and check 'tools' and 'software'
    • Click on the 'ready to play' and 'available on linux' buttons if blue, to disable those options.
    • Scroll down until you find 'Portal 2 Authoring Tools'. Click it.
    • On the 'Manage' menu, select 'properties', click 'compatibility'
    • Check 'force the use of a specific compatibility tool'
    • Select 'Proton 6.3-6'
    • If proton is not installed, it will start to do so.
    • When everything is done, click play, and you're done!
    submitted by /u/Az0r3x_
    [link] [comments]

    did this for a science project, we had to compare cells and their organelles to something and i did aperture, i had to add a few things that were not in the game cus i couldnt think of anything to put. also dont mind my messy desk

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Had a wonderful time playing Portal!

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    Unused portal 2 map (one image of this map from a presentation confirms this)

    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment