• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 3, 2020

    Portal Bookends hot off of the 3D printer

    Portal Bookends hot off of the 3D printer


    Bookends hot off of the 3D printer

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:01 PM PST

    The first game was incredible. Now it's time for number two

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:21 AM PST

    "The cake is a lie" made with ldd and rendered in stud.io

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:51 PM PST

    I've wanted to do this for years... 2007 rang, they want their memes back.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:30 PM PST

    a new companion

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:50 PM PST

    [Theory] GLaDOS has been impersonating Cave Johnson after Portal 2 in the Investment Opportunity ads.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:16 PM PST

    GLaDOS tries to reintroduce Aperture back to the humans of the future. Since GLaDOS cannot reveal herself as a sentient AI, she decides to use voice samples of Cave Johnson from Old Aperture to create a persona. This New Cave Johnson would be the advertising face of Aperture and therefore would sell products and (hopefully) also lure hire new test subjects. Products that were already readily available in Aperture like Sentry Turrets and Long Fall Boots become new investment opportunities to the humans of the future. Depending on your interpretation of the HL2 timeline, GLaDOS could be advertising to Post-Combine humanity or a highly evolved humanity.

    This theory would explain a few discrepancies created by the Aperture Science Investment Opportunities like:

    1. Panels did not exist during the Johnson era
    2. Atlas and P-Body were designed and built by GLaDOS
      1. Not by human engineers like "Cave" says.
    3. Long Fall Boots are the successor to the Advanced Knee Replacement.
      1. Although we cannot prove that such devices did or did not exist during the Johnson era. We can assume that the AKR was created sometime during portal testing.
    4. Turrets could've existed in Old Aperture as they appear in the Co-op course in OA, but the ads reflect the modern design in the modern Enrichment Center.

    I am omitting the Multiverse as it could be any of the near infinite Cave Johnsons creating this ad.

    GLaDOS's reasoning to try to advertise to humanity is the only aspect of this theory I cannot explain. The Enrichment Center is massive in scale and near-endless in materials. GLaDOS seems to have no issue in creating new technologies based on the existing materials found in Aperture Science if she desired to do so. Her raw manufacturing ability is proven at the start of Portal 2 where she is literally able to rebuild the entire Enrichment Center from scratch. So why she would even attempt such a stunt is beyond me.

    submitted by /u/SirReginaldTheIII
    [link] [comments]

    Minecraft bedrock has an achievement named for portal

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 04:23 AM PST

    Found this at work. A half lie?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:34 AM PST

    A portal love note to my girlfriend

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 08:17 PM PST

    My math teacher has a lot of painted ceiling tiles in her room, I think you guys might enjoy this one

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:32 PM PST

    Happy cake day to me

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:20 AM PST

    Welcome To Aperture Science Laboratories.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 03:22 PM PST

    Welcome To Aperture Science Laboratories.

    \"This Weighted Companion Cube will accompany you through the test chamber. Please take care of it.\"

    I decided to recreate my favourite friend from portal, The Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube.

    After posting it to Lego ideas I was able to achieve over 100 votes which felt like a miracle, I never thought people would like my idea, but the community was so kind and welcoming. I was advised to share on here, get more input and let people see what my weird brain putty comes up with

    Please check it out and give me any feedback: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/0745a666-3fea-48c6-b428-f84a733c255d ^-^

    Thanks in advance, Jessica :3

    submitted by /u/JessicaDRV
    [link] [comments]

    Poral is still my most played game on steam

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 09:01 PM PST

    I remade one of my favorite songs in the style of Portal, along with a Companion Cube to accompany it! Enjoy!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 11:39 AM PST

    Sometimes I get through a map with blind luck. I other times I make things much harder for myself. Guess which this is. - Perpetual Testing #124 "Polar Transit" - By Skairul.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 07:53 PM PST

    Glitch in chamber 17 (Portal 1)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2020 05:48 PM PST

    Receptor litterally bounces the ball back??? I'm so confused and I don't know the terminology :'((( been stuck on this level for 2 years

    submitted by /u/pointy-laser-dot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment