• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 22, 2020

    Portal Wheatley digital painting (that I gave up on. Unfinished. OH WELL here it is anyway)

    Portal Wheatley digital painting (that I gave up on. Unfinished. OH WELL here it is anyway)


    Wheatley digital painting (that I gave up on. Unfinished. OH WELL here it is anyway)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    Drawing of Chell I did

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Imagine, the Valve twitter announces this as a VR game! How would you react?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    I made a portal pattern I wanted to share

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    My friend wants to play Portal 2 tonight so I got my PC ready.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    Portal meme I made in two seconds (Spoilers for first game)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    A little magazine cover workup I did using models in Gmod

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    New leaked graphics from a McDonalds

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Its fun

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    Pretty cool build

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Uuuuuhhh

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Does anybody know what the frames that create portals are called?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Anyone want to play?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    I was looking for random people online but ive been waiting for awhile, my gamertag is mikeymonkey9001

    submitted by /u/mikeymonkey0010
    [link] [comments]

    Whoa, the Wheatley with no brim!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Finished Portal 2 yesterday after playing w/ my bf! ik human glados has been done to death but i still wanted to draw her :-)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    Can portal 2's ending be seen as a bad ending

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    First off, I dont mean bad as in the actual quality because it was a great ending, but (correct me if in wrong) but wouldn't the world be ruled by the combine at this point, so it would be better to just stay in apature, in portal 1 glados say the line "what's going on out there will make you wish you were back in here, I'm the only one standing between us and them"

    submitted by /u/dr_sabertooth
    [link] [comments]

    Was chell born as test subject

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    So her parents abandoned her at birth and she did a science project as a kid. Test subjects are kept in stasis. I think about it a lot. Aperture since does'nt give a damn about human rights. Is chell a slave child of aperture science? Was she raised by the scientists? Also why did lab rat mkve her up if erveryone was already going to die before she was picked. Are all test subjects dead? Are they all slaves?

    submitted by /u/funk_with_dragons
    [link] [comments]

    A Build of GlaD0S in Minecraft.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    My theory on the tie in between the Portal Universe and the Half-Life Universe.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Shell wakes up 10-50000 years after Half Life 3(The Borealis is missing and that could mean 2 things,the combine used it or Gordon and Alyx took or destroyed it),I think in the Alyx universe (The one which takes place in Half Life 2) they used whatever the Borealis is to get rid of the combine and in the Vance universe they destroyed the Borealis.But most likely the Portal universe takes place in the Alyx Universe because they could've destroyed the Borealis right inside the place where it was contained but their seems to be no signs of wreckage indicates the Borealis was stolen by the Resistance or again may have been taken by the combine.This is just one of my theories but I have pretty high hopes for this one.

    submitted by /u/MustyDig40230149
    [link] [comments]

    I have a very bizarre lighting bug in my Steam version of Portal 2 and I have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone help? (Comparison of my lighting vs. intended lighting inside)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    My screenshots are on the left, the intended visuals of the game are on the right.

    My screenshots look a bit flashy because I tried installing a visual upgrade mod as part of my efforts to fix the issue, but it just ended up making my weirdly lit version of the game look prettier.

    In the first comparison, I'd actually say I like my game's dramatic lighting more than the intended lighting, but the rest of the comparisons show the downfall of my game's alternate lighting.

    There are shadows missing everywhere, and it's especially offputting when shadows that are meant to conceal something are not there, like the shadows that are supposed to hide where the mechanical arms retract to (as seen in the third comparison.) In the normally lit version of the game, the wall they retract to is heavily shrouded in shadow as it should be, but in my version, it's somehow brightly lit which clearly reveals that the arms just clip into the wall awkwardly.

    In the last comparison, you can see that the intended lighting for the room features a natural looking light source from above casting various shadows across the room's surfaces, but in my version of the game, it just looks like there's a big spotlight illuminating the room from inside with almost no shadows, only a few vague buggy looking ones stretching across the walls.

    This issue I'm having is far from game breaking of course, I just want to be able to enjoy the game as it's intended, so this bizarre broken lighting is really bugging me.

    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, verifying the integrity of the game files, restoring in-game visual settings to default, using the console command mat_fullbright 0, and getting the visual upgrade mod which did make it look significantly sharper and more vibrant, but unfortunately made no changes to the bugged lighting.

    Can anyone help me understand what's going on here?

    submitted by /u/Sixfromthe6ix
    [link] [comments]

    Survey on avatars and gaming... I'd appreciate your help :)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! 🙂

    Are you stuck at home and feel like helping out some gaming researchers to potentially win a prize?

    I would be really grateful if you could please complete my survey for my Master's thesis on the importance of avatars. It should take about 10 minutes.

    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSRYKKH

    I'm interested in how we interact with our gaming avatar/character and how much it matters to the gaming experience. You can complete the survey regardless of the type of avatar you mainly use (e.g., it can be a human, car, animal, alien… anything)! There are standard psychological questions about the way you think/act, and some questions about your general gaming habits.

    You will go in the draw to win a $50 AUD Coles/Myer voucher.

    Thank you for reading my post and (hopefully) completing the survey!

    submitted by /u/r__green
    [link] [comments]

    GUYS

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Okay so you all know we're in quarantine and it keeps expanding, right? Well. What if this so called "quarantine" Is us in our relaxation vault and we're justo gonna wake up and the wheat guy just goes like "hey you wake up get a portal gun now"

    submitted by /u/KanyeBeast69p
    [link] [comments]

    Aperature Announcement

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Cave Johnson here. Our shrinks have found you developers have found a way to hinder the progress of science (otherwise known as personal time). Suck it up, people! A virus is no excuse to stop testing!! Today, I'd like to announce the Potato Inititive, where we attempt to run a light test chamber using nothing but starchy veggies. Aside from turrets, neustatic, and panels. Participation is mandatory, otherwise you will be transferred to static, and we don't want that happening. Let's keep moving! I,Cave Johnson, challenge you to not make lemonade and continue testing, in spirit of r/itrunsdoom. FOR SCIENCE!

    submitted by /u/glaferg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment