• Breaking News

    Friday, December 13, 2019

    Portal I've finished Portal 1, 2, and PS: Mel. Is there more to play? More mods? Notable Workshop test chambers?

    Portal I've finished Portal 1, 2, and PS: Mel. Is there more to play? More mods? Notable Workshop test chambers?


    I've finished Portal 1, 2, and PS: Mel. Is there more to play? More mods? Notable Workshop test chambers?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 05:37 PM PST

    Portal glitchless in 24:52.84 [PB]

    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 03:37 AM PST

    Does the cryosleep affect aging?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 12:59 PM PST

    See, Chell was there on BYDTWD, meaning she was a mere child, presumably 8 or 9, but if that's the case, why is she an adult, or at least a teen, by portal 1, and if we accept that she might age very slowly during cryosleep, would that affect the 9 million year theory? Or is this a small plot hole that I'm thinking way too much about?

    submitted by /u/QuoteCurly
    [link] [comments]

    Just found out yersterday that you can play portal 1 online via steam remote play (Hamachi is obsolete now).

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:48 PM PST

    I knew it was already a way to play it online with a friend via hamachi, as I've done that before many times, but I was surprised to see that it works really well with the steam remote play function. Tho one thing I discovered from it was that I had a hl2 crosshair from a console port of half life 2 that was around the hl2 crosshair I had when I was equipped with a hl2 weapon. This only happened on the second map I launched since the first map I launched in multiplayer was only used to enable remote play and to test if my buddy could join. The 3rd map I launched tho, it would not appear despite me picking up hl2 weapons. When it did pop up however, my buddy did not see the new crosshair. Iirc the crosshair seem to look like the one for the xbox 360 of half life 2.

    submitted by /u/GKOOPZ
    [link] [comments]

    Portal 3.............

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 01:34 PM PST

    I made a reddit account just to post this.

    I fell in love with portal as soon as I played portal, then portal 2 and finally Portal stories : MEL. These games were amazing, but the portal universe has so much more to offer. I believe that valve can make another masterpiece......which is very unrealistic, and the best we as a community can hope is another fan game/mod.

    I would like to share my ideas somewhere, and i would like people share their ideas on what portal 3 should be about.

    submitted by /u/IgloAKKB
    [link] [comments]

    I got stuck in Portal lol

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 09:47 AM PST

    Let's say that hypothetically, Valve is developing a Portal 3, with new testing elements. What kind of testing elements would you add?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:39 AM PST

    My ideas are:

    1. Projectable Mobility Beam

    -An electric beam coming from an emitter, that when stepped into, allows the player to move in any direction along the beam, no matter what way the beam is pointing

    -Physics objects are held in place when placed or flung into the beam, will stay in one spot unless the beam is moved or the cube itself is moved

    -Gels can be picked up by the beam, will coagulate in one spot until too much gel is in that mass, excess gel is forced up or down the beam

    -Toggleable via inputs

    -Can be directed through portals

    1. Airflow Modification Unit

    -Big fans embedded in a wall, floor or ceiling, that push or pull players, physics objects and gels within its area of effect, sort of like a short-ranged Excursion Funnel

    -Area of effect is around 512 Hammer Units, starting from, and pointing away from the fan itself

    -Toggleable and reversible via inputs

    -Can be directed through portals

    1. Portal Gun Activation Field

    -A fizzler-style field that changes what portals you can shoot, upon passing through

    -Can enable or disable one or both of your portals, or change your portals to a different pair

    -There are 4 portal "pairs" - Blue & Orange, Cyan & Purple, Yellow & Red, and Magenta & Lime

    -Portals from different pairs are interchangable - a field could put you in control of Blue and Red portals, or Cyan and Lime portals, for example. Each portal remains synchronized to the pair they're originally from

    -Non-active portals are not fizzled when walking through a fizzler

    -All portals can appear using autoportals

    -In Co-Op, it is possible to gain control of one or both of your partner's portals

    I tried to stay true to the philosophy that all testing elements should have some form of interactions with portals, or other testing elements.

    submitted by /u/Critfish
    [link] [comments]

    Who else was already around playing Portal in 2007?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 07:44 AM PST

    Yes, old people also play! Hahahha!

    submitted by /u/wearedisposable3
    [link] [comments]

    Slow movement Help me

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 11:25 AM PST

    How to move while in Background2.bsp map?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2019 10:21 AM PST

    In a recent Portal 1 vid by Boundary Break, he showed us the room that is in background2.bsp map file. However when I load it, I can't move even with noclip. I'd love any help/advice any one of you can give me!

    submitted by /u/Lakas1236547
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment