• Breaking News

    Friday, November 15, 2019

    Portal Oh, it's you

    Portal Oh, it's you


    Oh, it's you

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 09:21 PM PST

    Target acquired

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 06:35 AM PST

    Render I made for my IRL birthday (it's today btw :D)

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 03:08 PM PST

    Is this how to portal?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 04:41 PM PST

    [SPOILERS] I just made the most amazing discovery about how the Portal 2 Co-Op dialogue works!

    Posted: 14 Nov 2019 05:51 AM PST

    You get different dialogue depending on who you play as in game. Orange will hear one line of dialogue from GLaDOS, and Blue will hear another! And it works, since the clients are separate.

    That is honest so cool. I've played Portal 2 Co-Op many times over the last 7 years and never have I realised this! I've always kinda wondered about it, since sometimes the other player would react differently to dialogue than I would expect them to, e.g. Orange (me) hearing Blue lose science collaboration points, but Blue laughed or seemed happy.

    I knew there were a few bits of dialogue where GLaDOS alludes to it, and there's the bit where she gives each player a separate message and tells them to not tell the other what it is (to this day, I don't know the message she tells Blue, as I always play Orange) but I never realised how much of the dialogue is different between the two clients!

    Next time I play the game, I'm making sure I discuss each line of dialogue with Blue so we can see how different it really is, because it is truly so cool that the game plays with your mind by making each other near different things.

    submitted by /u/TriggeredSnake
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment