• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 10, 2021

    Portal Just finished my cinematic Portal animation and I'm really happy with how it came out!

    Portal Just finished my cinematic Portal animation and I'm really happy with how it came out!


    Just finished my cinematic Portal animation and I'm really happy with how it came out!

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    Day 04 (Last) of making Portal test chambers in Portal 2 using Bee Mod 2 || <Test chamber - 12> ||

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 11:44 PM PDT

    Hear me out

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    Found a man of culture

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 01:11 PM PDT

    Cool animatic idea

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    I cant animate for my life but a portal animation with look who's inside again (by bo burnham) would be so cool especially from chell or rat man's perspective or both sorry if this isn't the place to post it but I just wanted to give someone the idea :p

    submitted by /u/Scrubby11037
    [link] [comments]

    Mixing blue and orange funnels makes a purple and white one(my fav colors). I love it so much!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    I decided to make some cores today

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    On a post about Left 4 Dead 2 being the best coop game, I found the better answer

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    I drew wheatly, i think he looks good enough to be posted here!

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    Would Chell let you pet her?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    I think that she would just be happy to see another human bean after so much time around nothing but robots and walls, so probably

    submitted by /u/GnarlyBellyButton87
    [link] [comments]

    Companion core gives company to companion turrent

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    ApertureVR - The Portal-less mod for Half-Life: Alyx. Such a cool experience!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2021 01:49 AM PDT

    Mac Issues.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    So I got portal 2 on my birthday so I installed it to my Mac and ran it. but as soon as I run it it closes like not even after one second it just closes I don't even get a game windows its just appears in dock and closes Help?

    submitted by /u/ManOfPurple2008
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys, are you interested in another first-person puzzle game?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    Hi guys, are you interested in another first-person puzzle game? submitted by /u/recursionstudio
    [link] [comments]

    What is this Portal-based HL Alyx map all about?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 04:40 PM PDT

    It's all super cryptic. There are some codes in it but the numpad is kind of a pain to use. Here's a link to the map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2539902918

    Here's a link to a playthru video I made: https://youtu.be/dukLmX12Q8U

    Some insight as to what is happening would be nice. Should I try the codes again?

    submitted by /u/HikeClimbSki
    [link] [comments]

    made something with your comments. The downloads are in the images

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    Hammer users that make Overgrown maps, would you answer some questions for me?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    Hello, I am an user that is learning how to use Hammer editor. So far quite good, I'd say. So, recently I've started with the Overgrown style, however I can improve, and a lot, so I'm asking you professional map creators to answer me some questions, so I know which elements to add or to not add in my maps.

    1 Dark or bright?

    So in the Portal 2 campaign Chapter 1, we see Overgrown test chambers - some of them are dark, but some of them are really bright due to the sunlight. My question is - which is better? Is the dark more fitting in smaller rooms? Does it depend on the type of chamber? Is it better to combine them and add sunlight holes in some rooms and not in others?

    1. Vegetation or debris?

    This is an important matter - what should be the correct balance between foliage and rubble? Is it important to add more plants or is rubble more important?

    1. How do you manage to add a lot of props in a ceiling hole without the map going dark?

    This sounds like a stupid question but it happens to me too often - I put a light_env in the middle of a room, everything fine. I cover the ceiling with frame props (those square frame things) and suddenly the map goes super dark and I have to open up holes in the frames for the light to pass so it isn't dark as heck. Is there any way to just prevent props from blocking light?

    1. What is your opinion on tilted rooms?

    Tilted rooms are portions of rooms - sometimes whole hallways - that are rotated some degrees. Is this a good idea? Is there a limit of rotation that will just get annoying once I hit it?

    1. What should BTS areas look like?

    So - if we have a big portion of our wall collapsed, sometimes we add a small BTS/maintenance area behind the broken panels. Alright, so what should these BTS areas look like? I'm wondering if it is better to add a few pipes and a fluorescent light, but maybe it's better to add a catwalk going somewhere or something of that sort.

    Hope it wasn't too much text - I just need advice, and who is better to give me advice than Portal 2's awesome community?

    submitted by /u/HeimlichLaboratories
    [link] [comments]

    Subtitles default to Russian after every launch of Portal, but audio is still in English

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 01:22 PM PDT

    So for some reason, Portal is defaulting the closed caption language to Russian, but the audio is still in English. I'm trying to make sure both the captions and the audio are defaulting to English upon launch. I've tried verifying the game files, but it didn't do anything? Is there any way to fix this so that I don't have to change my closed caption language every time I load Portal up?

    submitted by /u/Portal471
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment