• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    Portal Ceiling of the room where you first get the portal gun. Foreshadowing

    Portal Ceiling of the room where you first get the portal gun. Foreshadowing


    Ceiling of the room where you first get the portal gun. Foreshadowing

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    After many reloads, I have finally saved every single turret in chamber 16. It aint much, but its nice

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Finally finished getting all of series IV (I think)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Has anyone made this joke yet?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    What were the red eyes at the end of Portal 1?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    In the scene where the metal claw puts out the cake's candle - The player also sees robot spheres glowing up with red eyes. As far as I'm aware, we never see them in Portal 2. So what were they and was there any significance to them?

    submitted by /u/Mellowix
    [link] [comments]

    Wow

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    Tried to make a Portal theme with my PC RGB

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    This sounds familiar.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    I love how my clock just says Aperture Science when i’m listening to Still Alive!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    As a celebration that my webcam finally arrived; in about 3 hours from this message I'll be doing a speedrun of Portal 2 while solving a load of Rubik's Cubes.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    Welcome to aperture Science!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    "Want You Gone" song meaning - who's GLaDOS talking to?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Spoilers, obviously, though I can't imagine somebody's perusing the subreddit for a game that came out almost a decade ago but hasn't played it yet.

    Anyways, the end credits song, "Want You Gone", is sung by GLaDOS after we defeat Wheatley and return GLaDOS to her place in control of the vast Aperture Science Laboratories. I have a few questions about its lyrics. Feel free to skip to the bottom. Otherwise, for those who haven't played the game in a while, a quick refresher:

    Quick backstory refresher:

    We've learned along the way that the owner, Cave Johnson, is a powerful and (at first) vastly affluent man who stubbornly refuses to listen to those around him or value the lives around him in any meaningful way. We also learn that he had a personal relationship with Caroline (we see the portrait of them together, she's included on several of his broadcasts as he lauds her as "a gem", and at one point he "jokingly" insists that she's spoken for:

    "She's the backbone of this facility. Pretty as a postcard, too. Sorry, fellas. She's married. To science."

    All a way to allude to the fact that Caroline:

    1. Is seen in a romantic light by Cave Johnson
    2. Is considered off-limits for others to pursue by Cave Johnson
    3. is foreshadowed to be the genetic component that became GLaDOS

    We're later shown that Caroline was taken against her will and basically mind-raped and forced to be uploaded into the AI that became GLaDOS, as Cave Johnson says:

    "Brain Mapping. Artificial Intelligence. We should have been working on it thirty years ago. I will say this - and I'm gonna say it on tape so everybody hears it a hundred times a day: If I die before you people can pour me into a computer, I want Caroline to run this place. Now she'll argue. She'll say she can't. She's modest like that. But you make her. Hell, put her in my computer. I don't care."

    GLaDOS claims at the end of the game that she's deleted Caroline from herself, though she's been well-established to be an unreliable narrator throughout the series.

    It's also strongly implied that Chel is Cave and Caroline's daughter, hence the noticeable change in heart GLaDOS experiences in regards to Chel once she rediscovers that she used to be Caroline. Anyways, on to...

    What's the song's meaning?

    Full lyrics, emphasis mine:

    Well here we are again

    It's always such a pleasure

    Remember when you tried

    to kill me twice?

    Oh how we laughed and laughed

    Except I wasn't laughing

    Under the circumstances

    I've been shockingly nice

    You want your freedom?

    Take it That's what I'm counting on

    I used to want you dead

    but Now I only want you gone

    She was a lot like you

    (Maybe not quite as heavy)

    Now little Caroline is in here too

    One day they woke me up

    So I could live forever

    It's such a shame the same

    will never happen to you

    You've got your short sad life left

    That's what I'm counting on

    I'll let you get right to it

    Now I only want you gone

    Goodbye my only friend

    Oh, did you think I meant you?

    That would be funny

    if it weren't so sad

    Well you have been replaced

    I don't need anyone now

    When I delete you maybe

    I'll stop feeling so bad (shown as "REDACTED" in the lyrics)

    Go make some new disaster

    That's what I'm counting on

    You're someone else's problem

    Now I only want you gone

    It seems like the "you" GLaDOS is referring to changes throughout the song, from the player/Chel in the first verse to mostly about Caroline when referring to "my only friend". Is the lyrical meaning that GLaDOS feels bad about losing Chel, because the part of her that's Caroline is in fact still alive and more present than ever, posing as both a conscience and emotional center? When she says "You have been replaced... I don't need anyone now. When I delete you maybe I'll stop feeling so bad" her talking directly to the part of herself that's Caroline?

    Anyways, that's my take. Let me know what you folks think. Or don't, I dunno, life's short. Unless you're GLaDOS.

    submitted by /u/ProfessorLiftoff
    [link] [comments]

    Plop

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    Thicc glados (no meme)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Vincent Van Gogh and Mona lisa as Atlas and P-Body

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Can someone know where can I find a picture with Vincent Van Gogh as P-Body and Atlas as Monalisa?

    submitted by /u/CursedFloyd
    [link] [comments]

    Stand for the national anthem of the Aperture Science!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment