• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 25, 2020

    Portal 2 is a hella rollercoaster

    Portal 2 is a hella rollercoaster


    2 is a hella rollercoaster

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Maybe it means that...

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    When life gives Cave lemons.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    I got bored so I drew The most british moron there is.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    Hello?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Portal meme

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Get mad!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    I’m very excited to play Portal for the first time!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Portal cats portal cats portal cats.... they ate so cuteee

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    The cake is a cube

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    He tried his best, he now regrets his choises. Chell IS selfish if you think about it.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I tried drawing the turret. I'm pretty bad at drawing so Don't roast me too hard.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    My take on the "Chell is _____ daughter" theory!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Now let me say this before I begin, this most likely has been said before. I am stating my point because I think I have more evidence that points to this, thank you!

    Side note: I am going through the "Chell Daughter" theory in its entirety before I state my own theory, their will be a TLDR at the bottom.

    What we know for sure:

    Before we make conclusions lets state what we know about Chell:

    • Chell is the daughter of an Aperture employee,
    • she is stubborn, determined, and has way too much tenacity,
    • finally we also know that Chells father had to of worked heavily in the science part of Aperture because she was able to get an ingredient to make her potato grow massive.

    Now lets talk about Cave Johnson and Caroline:

    • Cave Johnson is stubborn, determined, and tenacious
    • Cave Johnson and Caroline had a very close relationship, to the point where Cave trusted her to be in charge of the facility
    • After GLaDOS realizes she is Caroline, we can assume she now remembers Caroline's memories (based on many lines throughout the ending and Co-op)
    • The ending song "Cara Mia Addio" and when some of the lyrics are translated, the song refers to Chell as "my girl," "my dear," and "my child"
    • It can be inferred that Cave Johnson named the laboratories "Aperture" because in photography terms it means focusing on one object and blurring the rest out, which makes sense because Cave focused on science and blurred everything else out

    The Chell is Cave Johnson and Caroline's daughter theory:

    Chell is Cave Johnson and Caroline's daughter. Cave Johnson and Caroline were close, very close, and some might say their relationship was more than "professional". Both Chell and Cave Johnson are very stubborn, determined, and tenacious. When GLaDOS sings "Cara Mia Addio" she sings to Chell likes shes a compassionate mother, calling her "my girl," "my dear," and "my child". Theirs more proof but thats just the basics.

    One hindrance to this theory is that on the potato battery board she refers to her dad and Cave Johnson as separate people, this makes people question "if Chell is Cave's daughter why would she refer to him as dad AND Mr. Johnson?" but thats where my theory comes in.

    My theory:

    Caroline becomes pregnant with her and Cave Johnson's daughter, Cave freaks out because he cant raise a daughter while devoting his life to science. Cave Johnson tells Caroline that they cant raise the baby, but Caroline wants too. Caroline sadly agrees after Cave proposes an idea. Cave has a good friend, Doug Rattmann, who he sees as a nephew/apprentice. When Chell is born Cave and Caroline give up their daughter to Doug Rattmann, Doug raises her as his own and doesnt inform her about her true parentage. While Chell is growing up Doug notices her tenacity, stubbornness, and determination and he uses this as an excuse for her not to test "at the time". After GLaDOS floods the facility Doug puts Chell into a "Relaxation Chamber" in hopes that when she grows up, she is awakened and is able to defeat GLaDOs.

    Some proof:

    • Doug Rattmann has an attachment to Chell, he kept tracks on her, drew pictures of her, saved her,and so much more that a dad would do
    • As Cave Johnson grew older, he got fatally sick, if this event was near Caroline's pregnancy, this could be a reason he would want to give her up, both him and Caroline were older and wouldn't be able to take care of her
    • GLaDOS refers to Chell as adopted, while this could be a joke, Chell would've been adopted if Doug Rattmann took care of her
    • GLaDOS tells Chell that her adopted parents are dead, GlaDOS is still under the impression that she killed all Aperture employees, so she would think that her parents are dead, but she doesn't know that Doug is still alive
    • We know from his ramblings that Doug calls Cave Johnson "Uncle Johnson" while they may actually be related in some way, Doug could also call him this because him or his parents are good friends of Cave or Caroline.

    P.S. while writing this i thought about how cute it would be if Doug brought Chell to work a lot and allowed Caroline to play and take care of her while he was working. This way Caroline could still see Chell grow up, while still devoting her life to science

    TLDR;

    Cave Johnson and Caroline had Chell, but they devoted their life to science and knew they couldnt take care of her. To solve this problem they give Chell to one of Caves good friends Doug Rattmann. While Doug raises her, he notices her tenacity and uses this to keep her out of testing and keep her safe. Finally after GLaDOS kills all Aperture employees, Doug knows that Chell is the best chance at stopping her.

    Side note: while there might be some issues with the time line, its easy to change some things around, for example, you could say that Chell was a toddler/child when Doug adopted her instead of a baby.

    If you've read this far, thank you! Please tell me what you think of this theory, also if you think something else or have something that contradicts this theory, please comment it, I would love to see how y'all feel about this theory!

    submitted by /u/Jbowyerjr
    [link] [comments]

    In may tenth is my birthday and I told my mom couple of months earlier that I absolutely love portal and she baked this, it looks beautiful

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    I just finished my first ever run of Portal 2 and Portal Stories: Mel. I whipped this up for fun and wanted to share. Enjoy ��

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    It’s my cake day! But (I’m in lockdown so) the cake it’s a lie

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    My try at a Microsoft Paint Turret

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Sketch practice.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    Floral wire terrut

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Hmmmm2.mp6

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I kinda had to.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment