• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 28, 2020

    Portal so it isn't a lie

    Portal so it isn't a lie


    so it isn't a lie

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Reminds me of “bring your daughter to work” day

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Found another one in HL Alyx

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost indefinite quarantine, smooth jazz will be deployed in 3... 2... 1...

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    LEGO GLADOS is up in the lego ideas set! Please support it in the lego ideas site and make it an official set! It looks so good!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    My pc randomly turned on at night and I thought my wallpaper looked cool in the dark

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    The first design I made in the new AC had to be from my favorite game series.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Self-Portrait based off of the Lab Rat comics

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    I’ve wanted to build this since my first 3D printer. Finally built it after waiting 5 years and getting enough free time!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    A short, Portal styled song I made using Reason. Hope you guys enjoy! Feedback would be very much appreciated!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    Wheatley labs

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    So now we test my counting skills - The Numbers Game! | The Ball Pit | Part #4

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Cave Johnson here!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Portals soundtrack

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    I'm not sure why. But there's something so nostalgic about it. My two favorites are Self Esteem Fund and Procedural Jiggle Bone. Kelly Bailey out did himself in portal 1.

    submitted by /u/canceroushuman
    [link] [comments]

    Basically a repost from r/halflife, but It's Also a Huge Portal-related Speculation

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Greetings!

    So, yeah, I originally posted it in the said sub, but I feel like it needs to be here as well. Here we go!

    At first I want to remind that Multiverse is canonical in HL-Portal. It was created originally by Cave Johnson, if I'm not mistaking, and that was revealed during an ARG, dedicated to Portal 2. Thus, my working theory is that Gman with help of Alyx created a new universe. This new universe contains whatever result Gman wants. On top of that, here Alyx disappears in Episode 2 and now Gordon and the Resistance are going after both Borealis and Alyx Vance.

    The ending of Ep2 we know is a part of a failed reality. It either leads to the result of original Ep3, revealed by Laidlaw, or it simply doesn't contain a result Gman wants.

    Summarizing all of the above, we are probably going to play as an alternative reality Gordon, while an original ending of Ep2 is NOT retconed, but abandon due to its unacceptable outcome.

    As little bonus, I want to leave a little idea here. That Shadow Lady who was speaking with the Advisor is either Dr. Mossman, but we don't recognize her because of a new actress. Or she is... Lady Caroline. Yes, that Lady Caroline from Portal 2, aka GLaDOS v.3.11.

    Two major things led me to the last conclusion. First of all, Shadow Lady was saying some things and in the manner only Caroline can ever say, most importantly "That was sarcasm" quote. Secondly, during Tyler's datamining session it was revealed that Shadow Lady's model has a tie or a knot around her neck and that's, as you may know, is a signature of human Caroline.

    The reason behind why she is here and isn't GLaDOS may be because she has never been turned into GLaDOS in this version of reality, or Aperture managed to make the technology not deadly so she could continue living on. What's her business? Well, she's definitely against Gman and she might be the only chance to free both Alyx and Gordon under his control.

    Interestingly, that "Caroline in Shadows" theory, if you don't mind calling it like that, explains why Combines have technologies that are very similar to ones found in the Enrichment Center. She was forced or agreed to give up her knowledge, just like any other scientist on the Earth.

    Btw, GLaDOS in HL3 hype! And maybe, just maybe, GLaDOS, if she exists in this universe, is going to help to fight off Gman.

    One last thing, if Caroline in the Shadows is just a piece of Caroline's mind, as well as GLaDOS, I expect a pretty emotional subplot about that.

    So, those were my thoughts. Feel free to leave yours in the comments!

    Thanks for your patience and attention!

    submitted by /u/Bordanka
    [link] [comments]

    Umm, what did I do wrong? :|

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    I love how you can very clearly hear the unamusement in GLaDOS’ tone in this scene

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Figured you’d like this

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    Still Alive (Portal) played on the Half Life Alyx Piano

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Rebranding

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Portal Theory: GLaDOS is Overwatch Dispatch in Half-Life 2?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    So, I was recently playing Half Life 2 Episode 2 specifically, and when you enter the building where you first communicate with White Forest, I noticed that Overwatch sounded a lot like of an earlier version of GLaDOS. (to me, atleast) And what's also interesting is that the same voice actor for GLaDOS, Ellen Mclain, also voice acts for Overwatch according to Half-Life 2's credits under voices. Working with the Combine would likely explain how Aperture Science hasn't been touched by the Combine. Even though City 17 is in Eastern Europe, that's just where the base of operations is. There are likely other cities in Michigan. GLaDOS also hates humans, so by helping the Combine, a superior alien race, she is helping to make humans suffer. This theory is very far-fetched though, because she'd likely not even have any way to communicate with the combine. And in Portal 1 she says a line about how she doesn't know what's going on outside, so this also makes this theory make less sense. Then again, Portal 1 GLaDOS as a character is someone you can't trust at all. But, there is some "evidence" pointing towards GLaDOS being the Overwatch Dispatch. This was just a thought I had.

    submitted by /u/ThiccKerbal
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play multiple co-op at once?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    I'm currently playing portal 2 co-op with my SO, one of my friends wanted to play the same with me, can I start a new co-op mission with him and not lose progress I've had with my SO?

    submitted by /u/the_hiddennn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment