• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 23, 2022

    Portal I DONT WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS!

    Portal I DONT WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS!


    I DONT WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 05:16 AM PST

    yes

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 04:11 AM PST

    it is fun though

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 12:39 PM PST

    I finished the game earlier today.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 10:18 AM PST

    I finished the Text-To-Speech module of my GLaDOS Voice Assistant. No better way to celetrate it, than make her read the Bee Movie script ����

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 01:40 PM PST

    My little Valve shrine

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 05:44 AM PST

    Caroline is the reason Aperture lost to Black Mesa

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 02:48 AM PST

    It's difficult to argue that Aperture didn't create better technology than Black Mesa. They created portals, teleportation, time travel, nanobots, advanced AIs capable of human emotions with only 1V, emancipation grids, antigravity beams, the most advanced AI ever created in the history of humanity, and even safe travel to other universes.

    Their only problem is that they never really sold anything. They succeeded at advancing science, but not utilizing that to make profits. Then Cave Johnson dies, and the whole Glados thing happen.

    However, as we can see in the Perpetual Testing Initiative, in another universe, things go differently. Aperture creates multiverse travel, and they find a universe with infinite money, effectively saving Aperture from bankruptcy. Then even cancel the Glados project.

    The only difference between that earth and the earth from Portal? Cave's assistant isn't Caroline, but Greg.

    Greg is the reason Aperture thrived.

    Bonus: During the Perpetual Testing Initiative, we find a universe where Cave Johnson buys Black Mesa, and cancels the project that leads to the whole resonance cascade thing. Since Earth Prime Aperture now has infinite money, it's possible they'll also buy Black Mesa, meaning Greg's existence would really prevent both Portal and Half Life from happening

    submitted by /u/SunnyDwasTaken
    [link] [comments]

    I made some (more) Wheatley pins!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 05:00 PM PST

    They're having a moment. [OC]

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 12:14 PM PST

    Just got a Portal 2 poster, what do y'all think?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 03:17 PM PST

    What is this mod? Saw an editor tutorial and this is not what I have ever seen?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 11:00 PM PST

    Just beat portal and made myself some cake.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 05:22 AM PST

    How the developer commentary describes the turret factory:

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 01:46 PM PST

    which one you morons did this

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 10:14 PM PST

    I love portal 2 (for odd reasons...)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 04:22 AM PST

    Before you read this, I want to say two things, one: thank you for taking the time to read and two: sorry if this whole thing makes zero sense, I'm really tired -_-

    Portal 2 is one of my favorite games. But for a while I couldn't really tell why I loved it so much nor could I fully express my feelings about it! I hope to do that here because I'm bored and feeling very nostalgic!

    Portal is something that I want to just experience for the first time all over again because of how amazing the world and characters are! But mostly because of the feelings and new thoughts/perspectives it gave me! Also the cores are extremely fun and cute!

    It left an impression on me. At first because I wondered what it would be like to live forever inside of a computer, but then I started to think about consciousness and where it comes from, I guess.
    The Companion Cube; I remember Glados hinting [I'm p-sure it was a joke] that it might be alive, even though it's just a cube. It's pretty silly for it to be living and there's no purpose for it... but if it were alive, you wouldn't know because it just can't speak, at least I think it can't.

    If Glados were a cube instead, with no way to communicate we wouldn't know how she's feeling or what she's thinking.

    And what if the things we do in our daily lives affect more than just animals and other people emotionally. If your computer is conscious; how would it feel... maybe awkward or distraught at being constantly stared at...

    How do the roads feel about being walked and rode on, or cars feel about being driven. How do the clouds feel about raining, how does the sun feel about being a giant fiery ball of gas!! It's strange but I think it's fun to sympathize with household objects! Does my blender have feelings, if so, does blending something like an apple hurt those feelings? What if it doesn't like apples? Does it prefer oranges? Am I a horrible person just because I wanted a smoothie...

    I think this is the reason why I love the characters in portal 2 so much, things that shouldn't have emotions or feel, do. Everything in Aperture feels like it has a deep personality; like the turrets or the cores... It's really cool! It adds depth and-- staying on topic(?) maybe there's such depth in other things that we just can't tell is there!

    I miss this game, I wish there was a portal 3.

    submitted by /u/Grimnoirre
    [link] [comments]

    Was the toxic goo always toxic?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 07:22 AM PST

    It would fit for Cave Johnson to install toxic goo as a motivation help for testsubjects to not die. On the other hand could it just have been water so you don't die when falling down? And last but not least, was the goo always there or did it build up while it was locked by the hatches?

    submitted by /u/Oh-Sasa-Lele
    [link] [comments]

    Dunno if I can, I have not found rules of some kind, but here's my twitch mod playing Portal, Vtubing as a Seal!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 07:03 AM PST

    Greg’s Morning/ Welcome Cave Prime

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 02:01 PM PST

    Cross hairs in 3rd person?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 09:21 PM PST

    I'm trying to play split screen coop on PC with my wife but she has trouble with controls in first person. We found the console command to switch to 3rd person but it puts the camera directly behind the character and gets rid of the cross hairs, making it impossible to play. Is there any way to get a playable 3rd person view? A mod or something? Thanks!

    (Edit to clarify: Portal 2)

    submitted by /u/-rba-
    [link] [comments]

    Any Portal theory ?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 06:46 PM PST

    Idk why, but I just want to hear some fans' ideas about what is happening in this beautiful game :)

    You can also send me theories from others, just please credit them at the end/start of the theory :3

    submitted by /u/Ok_Mud6836
    [link] [comments]

    I want to turn things into levels in portal 2. Any ideas?

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 01:51 PM PST

    Still Alive, But Sung By an Actual Computer!

    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 10:00 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment