• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Portal Portal 2 Background Redrawn

    Portal Portal 2 Background Redrawn


    Portal 2 Background Redrawn

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    It took some time, but finally Chell and a blindbox turret arrived to "finish" my Portal PC-Build!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    Me and a friend were playing Portal 2 and I made this out of a glorious screengrab. [MEME]

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Companion Cube (Redrawn v. 2.0)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Portal 2 remake in Third-Person View? (Portal Re-render Project)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Companion Cube Avatar (Redrawn)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Yes

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    What is it about being in the mainframe that makes cores go insane?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    I'm a fan of the notion that Wheatley isn't evil. He was genuinely trying to escape to the surface with Chell, and saw getting plugged into the mainframe as a reasonable alternative when it became an option.

    But, as we all know, he turned evil almost immediately. That 'evil' wasn't in him the whole time, he just turned bad when he got plugged into the mainframe and took charge of everything.

    On the flipside, GLaDOS, no longer being the sole admin of Aperture Science, developed a soft spot for Chell very quickly. The first thing she does is give credit to Chell for doing "all the work", and although this could just be something she said to spite Wheatley (or just to state the fact that Chell got them this far), this would be giving at least a modicum of praise to the person she sees as responsible for the downfall of Aperture. Being unhooked from the mainframe gave GLaDOS her morality back, despite having that part of her destroyed by Chell in the previous game.

    A good piece of evidence for Wheatley not being evil the entire time (that is, scheming to get into the mainframe from the moment he meets Chell) is that, once Wheatley actually gets put in charge of everything, he has no idea how to do anything. He lets the facility march toward a nuclear meltdown, and is so clueless about how to 'scratch' the 'itch' that he welds a turret onto a cube and hopes that moves things along.

    While it could be argued that 'the itch' is what turns a mainframe core evil, I don't think this is entirely the case. The itch serves only as a driving force to make testing happen, and as we saw in both the campaign and co-op, robots can fulfill that need.

    So, what exactly is it about being hooked into every system of Aperture that turns AI malicious in a matter of moments? I saw a comment once that said "Aperture just does brain mapping and calls it AI", which, while particularly funny, is also true. Humans become corrupt when given too much power, and since the AIs are basically human personalities inside of machines, it would stand to reason that being given power would have a similar effect.

    To follow-up, did Aperture programmers intend for this to happen, or was GLaDOS the only core programmed to be able to handle that much power, and no other cores besides her are mentally fit enough for the job? If that's the case, then why does the emergency core transfer exist at all?

    submitted by /u/GnarlyBellyButton87
    [link] [comments]

    I want to give more attention to the forgotten portal song.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    Funny story

    submitted by /u/greenlab2099
    [link] [comments]

    Portal 1/2 are now on sale for $2

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    Why So Dark?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    OK ..... lemme confess my sins right up front ...... I'm a Boomer.

    I know that's somewhere between a Nazi sympathizer and the Anti-Christ here on Reddit, where I submit to daily enlightenment from those who have learned so much more than I have about how the world really works in a mere fraction of the time I have lived in it. But I understand, I was much smarter than my lame ass elders back in the day as well.

    So anyway, before you downvote this thread into oblivion, can I get you to help an ol' geezer out.

    I've been playing Portal since the Orange Box was released, and I've got 2800+ hours logged in Portal 2. Most of which obvisously is in Community built chambers.

    My setup may be a little unconventional. I abandoned multiple PC monitors years ago. My Desktop resides on a 48" wall mounted TV running at 1080P. My computer chair is a Catnapper recliner with a trackball screwed to the arm. Been doing that for about 25 years now.

    But anyway, to my point, it seems like most test chambers that make the front page at Steam are darker than shit. Most people seem to be designing chamber without freakin' Light fixtures.

    Most of the time when I die in a chamber its because I stepped into a pit of Goo in a dark room because I never saw it.

    When I Design Chambers they are not complete until I go back and add plenty of candlepower.

    I try to avoid complaining about it too much whenever I comment on someone's chamber for fear that the author might be some 8 year old child, and I wouldn't want to discourage them from making me more free content.

    I know some high quality chambers use a low lighting effect for ambience. And thats cool. I get that. But I think most of the time its just an oversight by the author.

    But if you would be so kind could you tell me if you've noticed the same lack of proper lighting that I have?

    Perhaps its because I'm not using a real dedicated PC monitor. And most people who do can see goo pits in dark rooms because of the higher contrast or something.

    But I dont really have this problem in the better designed chambers. You know, the ones with at least one light fixture.

    submitted by /u/RedneckTexan
    [link] [comments]

    Halloween pumpkin me and my GF carved

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    portal 2 opera

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    does anyone notice in the turret opera the turrets were traped kill us

    submitted by /u/sykon5
    [link] [comments]

    Have any of you guys even been a little spooked out by Portal?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    Portal and Portal 2 are some of my all-time favorite games, but sometimes they can get a little spooky. Especially the first Portal. I don't know why it has that eerie feeling. Like somebody is watching you through the test chamber windows.

    submitted by /u/SetyMedia-
    [link] [comments]

    My lego core (not my idea)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Selling my Limited Edition NECA ATLAS Portal Gun (PRICE DROP!)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    just a follow-up post to my previous one in regards to me selling my portal gun, the price has been lowered! It's gone from $700 AUD to $600 AUD which is much lower than other retailers who sell for over $1,000! It's a limited edition of only 5,000 sold so it's a great deal!

    More information can be found on the item listing: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143810226536

    (AUSTRALIA ONLY!)

    Once again if you have any questions just ask in the comments and I'll do my best to answer!

    submitted by /u/MrNukee
    [link] [comments]

    Have any of y'all seen this mod? Looks promising

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    How hard theoretically would a Portal 2 VR mod be to make?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    I understand that Portal in VR would likely cause motion sickness, but I don't really care. All I've ever wanted since I got a VR headset is Portal VR.

    submitted by /u/WeabooDom
    [link] [comments]

    If the portalable walls in aperture are made of moon rocks... does that mean werewolves would be transformed permanently in the facility?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    I mean it makes sense, right?

    submitted by /u/nighty-child
    [link] [comments]

    Portal Games on Sale on Steam

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    I know we've all already got both games, but they are currently on sale on the Steam Store.

    £1.43 each or both of them for £2.14 - https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=portal

    I already had Portal 2 and when I clicked on the Portal/Portal 2 bundle it said I already owned on of the games and allowed me to by the other for £1.07 which I thought was pretty good of them!

    submitted by /u/SonyJunkie
    [link] [comments]

    Portals be like

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment